As with many of the other posts I find it hard to describe my World Horror experience. I've never been to a horror convention before, but they are the nicest people out there. Being a marketing guru and not a writer myself it was great how nice and welcoming people were. I met a lot of great folks and had a fantastic time hanging out with the ChiZine crew and the British contingent (including Chris Roberts although he's American). I'm sure after the experience I had this year I'll be going again next year!
Some of my favourite memories from the weekend:
- Working the CZP table in the dealers’ room. I always love trying to convince people to buy our books!
- The look on Ian Rogers face when he was told about his book deal (and the plotting behind the big reveal)
- Coming up with the rules and gestures for Margarita, Lion, Man
- Plotting world domination with Nick Kaufmann
- Running into everyone again at the Austin airport...it's like the convention never ended!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
Laura Marshall Remembers WHC2011
CZP's Marketing Manager Laura Marshall has this to say about World Horror Con 2011: