Sunday, January 29, 2012

Huge interview with Tom Piccirilli


"Me: Where do you see yourself going next? Or are you happy where you are, with what you’re writing?

Tom Piccirilli: For the time being I’m happy writing noirish dark crime fiction. One of these days I think I’d like to do a bigger novel that has less concentration on the crime stuff and more on other concerns, whatever they are. Family matters, relationships, and all that other shit that is the focus of so much modern literature. I think I’m finally at that point of my life when I see enough humor and darkness and oddity in the so-called “normal” everyday life that I don’t need the storytelling conventions of genre material. The guns, the double-crosses, the heist gone wrong. Maybe one of these days I’ll get around to writing that book, and then again maybe not. Part of the fun of being a writer is not knowing what’s going to suddenly become of interest to you somewhere down the line. You can’t guess at it, you just have to let it persuade you."

For this and a whole lot more insights, read Lee Thompson's interview with Tom Piccirilli.

Or learn more about Every Shallow Cut.

1 comment: