Friday, November 5, 2010

The Velvet interviews Paul Tremblay



V: When people ask you what you do, and you (hopefully) tell them you're a writer, when they ask what you write, what do you tell them? You've shown quite the varied output in the last few years, what would you consider the genre or subject you consider safe ground?

PT: I tell people that I write all kinds of stuff. Then when they twist their face all up like I told them their haircut looks oddly like cheese, or something, I tell them I’ve written a few weird crime novels and a bunch of speculative fiction stories. When they ask me what speculative fiction is, I just say I write horror. Or I say dark fiction if I think the person will run screaming from the room if I say ‘horror.’

Read the rest of the interview here.

Get your own copy of In the Mean Time

No comments:

Post a Comment